A good marketing strategy is a diverse marketing strategy. It’s a multi-faceted effort to spread the word about your business. It’s not just about making noise, but about creating disruption in the right places, and doing so efficiently, effectively, and in a way that resonates with people. If your marketing strategy is floundering for impressions, it may be time to update your approach to marketing with PPC advertising.
PPC advertising, also known as pay-per-click advertising, is a marketing model that allows businesses to bid on ad placements that appear in a search engine’s sponsored links. When your ad is clicked and someone visits your page, you pay a small fee. Often, PPC advertising can bring back major rewards for the clicks that you receive. For example, if you pay $1.00 for a click that results in a $75.00 sale it can bring back a massive ROI. Google Ads is currently the most popular PPC advertising platform on the market, allowing ad placement on Google’s search engine as well as its other online properties.
Crafting a successful PPC campaign relies on the relevancy of your keyword research, organized ad groups, and landing pages. Every time a search is performed, Google chooses a set of ads based on their Ad Rank, which is calculated by multiplying the Cost-Per-Click Bid (CPC), the maximum bid you choose for your keyword; with the ad’s Quality Score, a measure that determines how relevant and useful your ad is to users.
- Ad Rank= CPC Bid x Quality Score
- Quality Score= Keyword Relevance + User Experience
- Price= The Ad Rank of the Competitor Below You/ Your Quality Score + $0.01
PPC marketing can be an extremely effective and valuable tool, but how often your PPC ads appear will still depend on several factors, including:
- Landing Page Quality- Your landing page should be relevant to your ad and provide users with a smooth, effortless experience.
- Diverse Keywords- You’ll want a good mix of keywords. Don’t just include popular ranking terms. Vary your choices with long-tail keywords, and other terms that are less competitive and expensive.
- Creative Copy- Include creative copy that incites action from your audience and have fun with your messaging!
- Refinement- Never stop refining your ad words, updating your landing page’s content, or crafting ads to align with individual search queries. You can always improve your positioning and strategy.
Spread the word about your business or service. Design your marketing strategy with Brand Iron!